Re: Blooms that change colour?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Blooms that change colour?
  • From: "FRANCELLE EDWARDS" <fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 11:50:57 -0600

Welcome to Iris-talk, John.  You learn many valuable things here, most of them true.
    The most likely reason for your getting white irises among those that have always been purple is that you had some bee pods that scattered seeds there in past years, and now seedlings are blooming which are very unlike their parents.  When irises clone themselves by sprouting from the rhizomes, they never change color.
Francelle Edwards in Glendale, Arizona where yesterday, Sept. 10, the temperature was still I08 degrees F.