Re: RE: Disaster

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] RE: Disaster
  • From: "Colleen Modra" <irises@senet.com.au>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 05:56:04 +1000

I am one of those who is struggling to know what to say. I switched the TV
on in the middle of the night and momentarily thought I was watching a
Hollywood Disaster Movie, but then realized it was really happening. Such a
plot would have been considered unbelievable even in Hollywood.

It is difficult to comprehend the scale of the loss of innocent life and the
fragility of life. My prayers are for all the families whose loved ones went
to work etc on a perfectly ordinary day, that became totally extraordinary.
Truly "we know not the hour or the day...". Like many I also feel deeply for
the families of those who knowingly entered a dangerous situation but still
went to help others and paid the price.

To all who have family or friends who are missing our thoughts and prayers
are with you.

Also we prayer that no more innocent lives from any other nation are lost in
"payback". Certainly there should be justice for the perpetrators and
planners, but may there be restraint in exercising revenge.

Colleen Modra
South Australia