Re: Everyone is an american

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Everyone is an american
  • From: "Jim Gibbons" <gibbman6@home.com>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 17:41:22 -0400

Sylvain forwarded, as seen below, an expression in French of support in the
wake of yesterday's horror:

(A translation, from BabelFish, hopefully corrected a bit by me:) Thought
this might be useful.

" In this tragic moment where the words appear so poor to say the shock that
one feels, the first thing which comes to mind is this one: we all are
American! We all are New-Yorker, as surely as John Kennedy declared himself,
in 1963 in Berlin, Berlinois. How not to think,  as in the most serious
moments of our history, deeply interdependent of these people and this
country, the United States, to which we are so close and with which we owe
freedom, and thus our solidarity. "

Jim Gibbons
NC Coast, Zone 8a and sandy