Re: Everyone is an american

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Everyone is an american
  • From: RYFigge@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 20:19:12 EDT

Dave, a VERY loose translation  70 years after getting my AB when I was an
English lit major with a French minor.  Remember this is just the gist giving
the idea - not a literal translation and there may b e other Americans who
can do better, how about it Bruce Filardi?  Anyhow:       "In this tragic
moment where  words are such a poor expression, but the first thing which
comes through is that we are all Americans!  We are all New  Yorkers, also
surely as John Kennedy said, in 1963 in Berlin:  we are Berlinians - ("Ich
bin ein Berliner") How one can but say in this moment most grave in our
history, deeply solidly with these people and this county, the United States,
sharing  freedom  thus our firm feelings."
Instead of murdering the King's English, I guess you'd say I murdered the
King's  French!   But in any language, it is helpful to have the
international supportive emails.
All this has diminished the importance of my grief over having to put my
brave, loyal cat. PrettyGirl, to sleep - and I have ordered the iris from Don
Spoon that he named for her a few years ago - PRETTYGIRL - to plant on her
grave among my iris bed.
Rosalie nr Baltimore,USA  zone 7  with pleasant weather.  ryfigge@aol.com

CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!