Re: OT: Editorial

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] OT: Editorial
  • From: Gerry Snyder <gerrysnyder@mediaone.net>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 20:30:11 -0700

The world is in great pain.

The USA was hurt directly, The rest of civilization by implication.

A Canadian wrote a newspaper article mentioning some of the slights he
felt the USA had been subjected to, and some of the great things we had
done. Coming from a foreigner, it was homage. If it had been written by
one of us it would have been bombast. BUT IT WASN'T.

Dave did not mean to be negative to others.

Paul did not either, except perhaps to USA tourists (ugly Americans)
whose behavior I would not want to defend.

Please, let us concentrate on our love of irises.

Gerry Snyder, AIS Symposium Chair, Region 15 RVP
in warm, winterless Los Angeles--USDA 9b-ish, Sunset 18-19

Monitoring Service trial