OT: A general comment about Iris-talk

  • Subject: OT: A general comment about Iris-talk
  • From: neilm@charter.net
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 10:19:12 -0000

One thought that has struck me as quite significant--

We here on Iris-talk are not various people from many communities.
We are a *single* community of people shaped by a common interest and
shared passion.  The boundaries and borders that divided us only a
few decades ago seem to have melted away.

I have in my garden a variety bred in France from a parent
originating in Utah.  Near it is planted another from Italy whose
parents come from California and Oregon.  Among tiny seedlings are
plants derived from parents gathered in China and Russia, or bred in

Our conversations flow as if we sat together in a single room.  To be
able to exchange comments, share experience and trade the products of
our work in a single network is a revolutionary change that
astonishes and gratifies.

Neil Mogensen  z 6b/7a near Asheville, NC

Monitoring Service trial