	I see a lot of frustration in this time of tragedy.  Most of the
people I know are going on about their lives, but profoundly disturbed about
the state of the world, and wishing for some sort of answers to the
vulnerability of our innocent lives to the evil forces reveling in our loss.
Our anger and frustration may demand "vengeance", but what we truly seek is
a return to our lost innocence.  We do not wish to forsake our openness and
freedoms at the whim of evil.  Talk of retribution may not be driven by a
sense of "justice" so much as the need to feel reassured that no one will
ever, ever want to do this again.
	At the same time, I see groups like this show me that around the
world, most people have more in common than they have differences.  Our
houses may be different shapes, and our lifestyles opposite, but we can all
appreciate our families, our friends, and the world around us in much the
same way.  We can get enthusiastic about something as trivial as flowers,
and in doing so make the world a more beautiful place and develop whole new
circles of friends.  This iris-talk group has been a wonderful opening into
the lives of strangers and unseen friends around the country and around the
world.  I am thrilled to see how many people from other countries have
joined this group, and would love to see that trend continue.
	Thank you all for sharing of yourselves to help create this network
of friends, and a portal into other parts of the world.

John Reeds
San Juan Capistrano, California

CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!