OT-CHAT: silver linings

  • Subject: OT-CHAT: silver linings
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 10:30:12 -0400

In the face of so much horror, so many tragic images on television, I am
still unable to grasp the reality.  I live in a rural area, where the
sky is blue and clear of the constant sound and contrails of air traffic
to and from the Knoxville airport 50 miles away.  There seems to be much
less trafic than the usual low amount - only an occasional truck or car
- on the highway a half mile away.  Irises are growing well, and I am
spending more time with them, soaking in the 'zen of weeding', reveling
in the unusual peace and cooler, drier weather.

Occasionally, I will hear of a loss or near miss, such as Dave
Silverberg's son, or the kind words from our international iris friends
or the heroism and self-sacrifice of the passengers on the plane that
didn't hit its target, that will make far away events seem more real,
and leave me in tears.  But the rallying of humans of all walks of life
in support of one another is a great comfort.  I live alone, and members
of this list, many of whom I have met personally and embraced as
'family', have become an important part of my life.

Silver linings of the clouds of terrorism are clear blue skies, quiet,
and the global expressions of kindness and support.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!