Re: CULT: Soil mix for seeds

  • Subject: Re: CULT: Soil mix for seeds
  • From: alhbee@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 00:09:40 -0000

--- In iris-talk@y..., neilm@c... wrote:

> Would anyone care to share what has worked for them that could be
> expected to work also in our humid, chilly but only occasionally
> frozen continental winter?
>
> Neil Mogensen  z 6b/7a near Asheville, NC

Neil, Last year I sowed directly into the ground, with 60%
germination. This year I have more seeds and, as you are doing, I
will be sinking pots into the ground. I had intended to use promix
with additional perlite mixed in.

Perhaps I should check, as you are doing, and ask if promix is a
valid solution.

Al Bullock
Z7 No. Va.

Monitoring Service trial