Re: ADMIN: FLAMES

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] ADMIN: FLAMES
  • From: William Wells <wells@train.missouri.org>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 22:33:49 -0500

Dear John,

If you believe my quote below is a flame, then we have a difference of
opinion. If you feel you must suspend me for an "inappropriate"
statement such as the quote below, then I assume you will do so. I
always knew it was just a matter of time before I slipped up in one of
my topic tags and the "moderator police" would swoop down on me,
anyway   :-)
Fortunately, I can grow my irises without the benefit of "your" list.

Bye, iris lovers!! It was fun! I'll miss you! :-)

Bill Wells

William Wells wrote:

> "Of all the comments that I have heard in the last several days, your
> quote below is the most offensive. I am appalled."  (Psst! Patricia,
I'm still appalled!" ;-(

John Jones wrote:

> FOLKS, YOU DON'T SEEM TO BE GETTING THE MESSAGE.
>
> If someone makes an inappropriate ost to the list, I will deal with
> it,
> generally privately. (as I have with Patricia). If you don't like what
>
> someone said (as evidenced by the two posts below) send it to me
> privately.
>
> POSTS LIKE THOSE BELOW ARE INAPPROPRIATE !  IF YOU OBJECT TO SOMETHING
>
> POSTED, SEND YOUR COMMENTS TO ME PRIVATELY ! I WILL DEAL WITH IT.
>
> BE FOREWARNED: FURTHER POSTS LIKE THOSE BELOW WILL CAUSE THE POSTERS
> BE SUSPENDED FROM THE LIST
>
> If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.
>
> These are stressful times. I know that. Members on this list have had
> close calls for themselves or their loved ones. I hope with all my
> heart
> that no one on this list has lost someone dear to them. It is the
> strength of our "list family" that can help everyone get through this.
>
> cgdawn@cs.com wrote:
> >
> > I am glad someone else was offended.
> [snip]
> >
> > Dean Gray
> > Mid-America
> > Just south of St. Louis, Mo. USA
>
> William Wells wrote:
> >
> > Of all the comments that I have heard in the last several days, your
>
> > quote below is the most offensive. I am appalled.
> >
> > Bill Wells

>                          |  Annotation used by ancient cartographers
>                          |  to indicate the edge of the known world.
> For your Iris gift needs, visit the AIS Gift Shop at:
> http://www.AISGiftShop.com
>
> USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
> Fremont, California, USA
> Visit my website at:
> http://www.usjoneses.com
> Vice Chairman, Region 14 of the AIS
> Director, American Iris Society
> Chairman, AIS Committee for Electronic Member Services
>
> Subscribe to iris-talk at:
> http://yahoogroups.com/subscribe/iris-talk
> Archives at: http://www.hort.net/lists/iris-talk/
>
> Subscribe to iris-photos at: