RE: Re: Everyone is an american

  • Subject: RE: [iris-talk] Re: Everyone is an american
  • From: "Cliff Snyder" <rainbowiris@att.net>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 22:57:01 -0500

It is quite obvious that "we" are more united than we have been in the last
60 years. Not since Pearl Harbor has popular opinion been so in favor of a
single course of action. More than 90% of all Americans favor retaliation
and destruction of terrorism throughout the world. And more than 75% are
willing to endure the pain and suffering it will cause to us and our young
men to accomplish that goal. I gather from your comments that only 10% of
Americans are compassionate, caring lovers of life. It is my belief that the
retaliation is the ONLY means to deal with the vile creatures who would so
callously cause the pain and suffering to innocent civilians in not only our
country, but any country. They, whoever they might be, understand none of
your pleas for compassion, fair play or justice. It is not revenge we seek
for the killing in this country, but a call to the entire world that
terrorism is not the method to be used in resolving ideological, political,
or economic disputes.

In this time of intense pain and anger in our country I can appreciate all
viewpoints - that's what makes me an American. In this instance I and almost
all my fellow Americans are  ready to act to end this inhuman way of life.

Stand and deliver,
Cliff Snyder