OT: RE: Everyone is an American

  • Subject: OT: RE: Everyone is an American
  • From: Glenn Simmons <glenn_simmons@juno.com>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 00:57:21 -0500

Hi everyone!  I haven't posted anything to the List in many months, in
fact I do not remember when the last post was!  :)  I have managed to
read most of the List's posts that have come across my computer, however,
I usually do that only once every 2 or 3 days, sure can accumulate quite
a collection of letters in that 2 or 3 day time period!  :)

John, I know this is not an appropriate topic for Iris Talk but I feel it
is appropriate for these times considering what all has happened this
week.  The poem below is an old one and I have no idea who wrote it, my
cousin sent it to me.  I am very saddened thinking about the thousands of
innocent men, women and children who had their lives stolen away from
them without much or any warning.  This is the reason the poem below is
appropriate for this situation.  I ask all Iris Talk members to love each
other, be considerate and always try to practice what the poem is
teaching.  None of us know what the next day will bring and I know for
myself there have been many times when I wished I could go back in time
to take something back I had said or to correct some wrong I had done.
Unfortunately none of us have that luxury but we do have the opportunity
on a daily basis to tell our family, friends and neighbors -- "I Love
You."  We can always do our best to be honest and try to never wrong
another person.

I have preached enough so will drop it for now.  :)

Glenn & Linda & Matthew Simmons,  Springfield, Missouri, Climate Zone 6

                                    If I Knew

If I knew it would be the last time that I'd see you fall asleep,
I would tuck you in more tightly and pray the Lord, your soul to keep.
If I knew it would be the last time that I see you walk out the door,
I would give you a hug and kiss and call you back for one more.
If I knew it would be the last time I'd hear your voice lifted up in
I would video tape each action and word, so I could play them back day
after day.
If I knew it would be the last time, I could spare an extra minute or two

to stop and say "I love you," instead of assuming you would KNOW I do.
If I knew it would be the last time I would be there to share your day,
assuming you'll have so many more, so I can let just this one slip away.
For surely there's always tomorrow to make up for an oversight,
and we always get a second chance to make everything right.
There will always be another day to say our "I love you's,"
And certainly there's another chance to say our "Anything I can do's?"
But just in case I might be wrong and today is all I get,
I'd like to say how much I love you and I hope we never forget,
Tomorrow is not promised to anyone, young or old alike,
And today may be the last chance you get to hold your loved one tight.
So if you're waiting for tomorrow, why not do it today?
For if tomorrow never comes, you'll surely regret today,
That you didn't take that extra time for a smile, a hug, or a kiss
and you were too busy to grant someone, what turned out to be their one
last wish.
So hold your loved ones close today, whisper in their ear,
Tell them how much you love them and that you'll always hold them dear,
Take time to say "I'm sorry," "please forgive me," "thank you" or "it's
And if tomorrow never comes, you'll have no regrets about today.

In all this I would like to send a hug and kiss (kisses only for the
ladies) and my best wishes to you all.
Please remember all that is written above. Cherish every day you share
with a loved one.

CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!