OT: facts about the "snake"...perspective

  • Subject: OT: facts about the "snake"...perspective
  • From: ellengalla@yahoo.com
  • Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 06:28:32 -0000

Mike Unser is right about bin Laden...he was trained in 1979 in the
U.S. by the CIA to be a "leader" in commanding Muslim fundamentalists
in Afghanistan to fight against the USSR in the '80s. The USA
financially backed these Afghan rebels (shades of the contras,etc.)
When we stopped our money support (under the first Pres. Bush), this
monster we created turned against the USA. This info is not to be
heard the past 10 years or so and certainly not this horrific week in
our country.

It needs to be disseminated and discussed because rhetoric (we are
good, 'they' are evil, etc.) is getting in the way of facts.

Make no mistake about my feelings this week - I have personally been
on a roller coaster....at least one person I know (24 years old) is
still missing (presumed dead) in the World Trade Towers.

They are no good decisions to be made in all this....vengeance doesn't
resurrect the dead BUT these rogue nations and quasi-organizations
only seem to understand death and destruction as they employ them to
hurt and destroy lives. I wanted to level Kabul on Tues. night myself
but time has added more perspective. Personally, I think bin Laden and
Sadaam Hussein should be "taken out" and their minions as well.

What to do, what to do...this is not the forum for this and I hope
John doesn't kick me off for this post but worse things have happened
this week.

Ellen Gallagher / New Hampshire / no-sleep Zone
Mike Unser wrote:

> [...]
was trained in terroist and counter-insurgency tactics right here in
the US at the CIA's School of the Americas in Georgia.  America
trained and unleashed this monster (as well as many others) upon the
world, is it a suprise the snake turned and bit us?)

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!