If I Knew

  • Subject: If I Knew
  • From: RYFigge@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 11:04:58 EDT

This came on iristalk email from Glenn Simmons.  I thought it was wonderful,
so I coordinated the lines better and hope they stay that way.   This monster
does unexpected things in transcribing!   Thank you Glenn.  DO you know the
author?  Rosalie nr Baltimore   zone where the weather is sunny and cool, but
there is still unhappiness around   ryfigge@aol.com

Suggestion -- eliminate the above and everything except the poem, or whatever
from the original of Glenn's that you don't want, by highlighting the words
of the poem and push  control/c (for copy) and then get "write"  or its
equivalent down on your screen.  Move the cursor to the body of the "paper"
and push control/v    for transferring the message to your "paper" and then
fill in  the title and your addresses and   VOILA   you should have an
unblemished copy.   (THAT is the only complicated thing I know how to do on
this monster! !  You all may already know this, but just in case you don't,
it helps because I get a  lot of email that is repeated several times in all
sorts of gobbledegook that I don't need or want, and this is what I have
learned to do! ! Again, Glenn, thank you and remember, we need the author's
name - maybe you? ?.      Rosalie

                                If I Knew
If I knew it would be the last time that I'd see you fall asleep,
I would tuck you in more tightly and pray the Lord, your soul to keep.
 If I knew it would be the last time that I see you walk out the door,
 I would give you a hug and kiss and call you back for one more.
 If I knew it would be the last time I'd hear your voice lifted up in praise,
 I would video tape each action and word, so I could play them back day after
 If I knew it would be the last time, I could spare an extra minute or two to
and say "I love you," instead of assuming you would KNOW I do.
 If I knew it would be the last time I would be there to share your day,
assuming you'll have so many more, so I can let just this one slip away.
 For surely there's always tomorrow to make up for an oversight,
 and we always get a second chance to make everything right.
 There will always be another day to say our "I love you's,"
 And certainly there's another chance to say our "Anything I can do's?"
 But just in case I might be wrong, and today is all I get,
 I'd like to say how much I love you and I hope we never forget,

 Tomorrow is not promised to anyone, young or old alike,
 And today may be the last chance you get to hold your loved one tight.
 So if you're waiting for tomorrow, why not do it today?
 For if tomorrow never comes, you'll surely regret today,
 That you didn't take that extra time for a smile, a hug, or a kiss
 and you were too busy to grant someone, what turned out to be their one
last wish.
 So hold your loved ones close today, whisper in their ear,
 Tell them how much you love them and that you'll always hold them dear,
 Take time to say "I'm sorry," "please forgive me," "thank you" or "it's
 And if tomorrow never comes, you'll have no regrets about today.

 In all this I would like to send a hug and kiss and my best wishes to you
Please remember all that is written above. Cherish every day
you share with a loved one.

CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!