Re: ADMIN: FLAMES

  • Subject: Re: ADMIN: FLAMES
  • From: cgdawn@cs.com
  • Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 15:26:51 -0000

Dear William,---I AM IN FULL SUPPORT OF YOU AND HAVE SENT EMAIL TO
JOHN EXPRESSING MY OBJECTIONS. I too am leaving the board and will
tell all my iris club members why. I have not seen any objections to
unpatriotic posts by him just the ones  objecting to the bad mouthing
of our country.  Goodby

Dean Gray
Mid-America
Just South of St. Louis, Mo.

 In iris-talk@y..., William Wells <wells@t...> wrote:
> Dear John,
>
> If you believe my quote below is a flame, then we have a difference
of
> opinion. If you feel you must suspend me for an "inappropriate"
> statement such as the quote below, then I assume you will do so. I
> always knew it was just a matter of time before I slipped up in one
of
> my topic tags and the "moderator police" would swoop down on me,
> anyway   :-)
> Fortunately, I can grow my irises without the benefit of "your"
list.

> Bye, iris lovers!! It was fun! I'll miss you! :-)
>
> Bill Wells
>
> William Wells wrote:
> >
> > "Of all the comments that I have heard in the last several days,
your
> > quote below is the most offensive. I am appalled."  (Psst!
Patricia,
> I'm still appalled!" ;-(
>

> John Jones wrote:
>

> > FOLKS, YOU DON'T SEEM TO BE GETTING THE MESSAGE.
> >
> > If someone makes an inappropriate ost to the list, I will deal
with
> > it,
> > generally privately. (as I have with Patricia). If you don't like
what

> > someone said (as evidenced by the two posts below) send it to me
> > privately.
> >
> > POSTS LIKE THOSE BELOW ARE INAPPROPRIATE !  IF YOU OBJECT TO
SOMETHING

> > POSTED, SEND YOUR COMMENTS TO ME PRIVATELY ! I WILL DEAL WITH IT.
> >
> > BE FOREWARNED: FURTHER POSTS LIKE THOSE BELOW WILL CAUSE THE
POSTERS
> > BE SUSPENDED FROM THE LIST
> >
> > If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at
all.

> > These are stressful times. I know that. Members on this list have
had
> > close calls for themselves or their loved ones. I hope with all my
> > heart
> > that no one on this list has lost someone dear to them. It is the
> > strength of our "list family" that can help everyone get through
this.

> > cgdawn@c... wrote:
> > >
> > > I am glad someone else was offended.
> > [snip]
> > >
> > > Dean Gray
> > > Mid-America
> > > Just south of St. Louis, Mo. USA
> >
> > William Wells wrote:
> > >
> > > Of all the comments that I have heard in the last several days,
your

> > > quote below is the most offensive. I am appalled.
> > >
> > > Bill Wells
> > >

> > John                     | "There be dragons here"
> >                          |  Annotation used by ancient
cartographers
> >                          |  to indicate the edge of the known
world.
> > For your Iris gift needs, visit the AIS Gift Shop at:
> > http://www.AISGiftShop.com
> >
> > USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
> > Fremont, California, USA
> > Visit my website at:
> > http://www.usjoneses.com
> > Vice Chairman, Region 14 of the AIS
> > Director, American Iris Society
> > Chairman, AIS Committee for Electronic Member Services
> >
> > Subscribe to iris-talk at:
> > http://yahoogroups.com/subscribe/iris-talk
> > Archives at: http://www.hort.net/lists/iris-talk/
> >
> > Subscribe to iris-photos at: