Re: Re: CULT: Seed Starting ala Sutton(?)

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Re: CULT: Seed Starting ala Sutton(?)
  • From: Dana Brown <ddbro@llano.net>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 16:51:13 -0500

	We were told earlier this year to soak the seeds for
10 days, throw them in the freezer for 2 hours then
transfer them to baggies and the refrigerator until @
Thanksgiving.  Pull them out and plant them in gallon
sized pots in soilless mix.
	Most of this came from George Sutton, so Mike as
Sutton's rep feel free to jump in here and correct
where my memory strays.  I am thinking that George
said he gets 80% germination with this method.
Dana Brown
Pres. South Plains Iris Society
Lubbock, TX  USA  79401
Zone 7 USDA, Zone 10 Sunset