Re: CULT: Soil mix for seeds

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] CULT: Soil mix for seeds
  • From: "Hensler" <christyh@povn.com>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 20:05:47 -0700

Neil,

ProMix is the best potting mix I've run across so far. Miracle Grow and a
few others come close but are a bit more pricey.

I've used this for all types of seeds and even those as fine as dust have no
problem getting their roots into it. After each season, pots are dumped and
the potting mix is collected in a large open bin behind the greenhouse for
use in outside planters the following season. It's not uncommon to find
volunteer seedlings popping up even in corners that have been undisturbed
for 3 or 4 years.

Christy
Skip & Christy Hensler
THE ROCK GARDEN