Re: REB: Belvi Queen & Baby Blessed (was: not much)

  • Subject: Re: REB: Belvi Queen & Baby Blessed (was: not much)
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 11:31:06 -0400

Dana Brown in Texas said:
<Belvi Queen is a super reliable rebloomer here. Although her form isn't
the best I do love her at this time of the year.>

She is a super reliable early rebloomer here too.  Until some of the
punier rebloomers with better form produce some offspring that do
better, I will also treasure her.

<Is your little yellow SDB Baby Blessed?>
Yep, I was just drawing a blank at the time I posted.  BABY BLESSED is
another one of those peculiar irises like IMMORTALITY that was VERY hard
for me to get established.  But like IMMORTALITY, folks kept telling me
that it was a real weed and kept giving me more of it to plant until I
now have one large clump of it.  I think I must have planted a total of
a half dozen starts of it in various places.  My suspicion is that these
two everbloomers are a bit more sensitive to stress (esp. heat &
drought) than once bloomers, at least until they get established.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!