Re: Re: Everyone is an American

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Re: Everyone is an American
  • From: Carol Canfield <Carolcc5@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 23:58:22 -0700 (PDT)

I've been busy and havn't kept up with the postings.
Am trying to get through them tonight.
Thank you, Al, for this reasoned and thoughtful
posting.  I know only a very few of you personally but
have enjoyed the short time I've been a part of
iris-talk very much and intend to continue doing so.
I am saddened that some of you feel that you must
leave the group.  Some of you I agree with, some of
you, I don't but we don't have to agree, not even on
such an important topic.
Please, let us all grieve for the losses the people of
this country have suffered and for the fact that our
country may go to war, right or wrong, and get back to
enjoying the camaraderie of this group and the
growingof this lovely flower that we are all addicted
to.  What a delightful addiction and it is delightful
to share with fellow  fanatics.
Please, everybody, re-read Al's post and let's resolve
to let all this stuff go and get to the business at
hand.  Please don't leave the group!  Everyone has a
lot to contribute.
God bless all of you.

Carol in Spicewood, TX
--- alhbee@aol.com wrote:
> I am a retired Army MSG. I read the posting and
> acknowledged the
> message in my head. One of the greatest privileges
> we have is right
> of free speech. The military, the civilians drafted
> into the
> military, women and men have defended that right and
> all the great
> rights we have. That right is a privilege given to
> us without fear of
> retribution or retaliation. I have seen countries
> where the right is
> not freely given. It is not a pretty sight.
>
> During this time of sorrow please remember we are
> all together. If
> something said disturbs you, remember what a great
> right it is and
> how few have this right. Forbearance is a virtue in
> times like this.
>
> Al Bullock

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search