Re: Thankyou Francelle Edwards RE: Iris changing color

  • Subject: Re: Thankyou Francelle Edwards RE: Iris changing color
  • From: tundles@hotmail.com
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 13:19:23 -0000

--- In iris-talk@y..., "Mary Ferguson" <cferguson@c...> wrote:
> Hi John,  Just read your comment on Roundup used under the
grapevines.
> Doesn't it bother them?  We lost all of our tertiary bloom one year
because
> our neighbor went wild on the fence line, instead of leaning over
and
> pulling the weeds...or cutting them off.  Two years later, we lost
3 vines
> and chalked them off to his spraying habits...now...I wonder. Would
> appreciate your comments...  Mary in Nebraska
Hi Mary,  Neighbor's property contains commercial vines that produce
shiraz grapes. Not even certain they use Roundup to control weeds.
Have been told they may be using a product known here as "Sprayseed".
Roses planted nearby are being stressed by herbicide. Assume that my
irises may also suffer. Overspraying fine mist in very low volumes
this may be why the plants do not die.Blooms that are now emerging as
white still retain some purple coloring on sections of the bloom.
Anyone out there explain in simple terms how irises develop new forms
naturally as I am not biologically trained. Thankyou for your reply
Mary

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!