Re: OT: Memorial Garden

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] OT: Memorial Garden
  • From: "Mike Greenfield" <redear@infinet.com>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 15:27:14 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: <melanie-tornberg@idexx.com>
To: <iris-talk@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2001 7:48 AM
Subject: [iris-talk] OT: Memorial Garden

> Sorry, I didn't really know what header to use.
>
> I was just thinking that it would be nice if someone, somewhere,
> planted a huge memorial garden for those lost in the recent
> tragedies...maybe 1 rhizome per person lost would be too much to be
> maintained, but if someone had the land, maybe people could pledge a
> rhizome to be planted, or something.
>
> Just a thought.
>
> Melanie Tornberg
> Zone 4/5
> South Berwick, Maine

 Not a bad idea but it would be a long trip to see it for a lot of people.
Who would take care of it? Getting iris for it would be no problem at all.
Many on this list would gladly donate plenty for such a cause.

I have been thinking on the line of some one introducing an iris in memory
of all the people who lost there lives because of the tragedy.I could be a
iris that didn't quite come up to standard to intro but was a good grower. A
blue and white with red beard would be ideal.
It would be only sent as an extra. And never sold by anyone.
No one should make a profit from this disaster.

Names: AMERICA REMEMBERS
              AMERICA MORNS

 I am sure someone could think of a better one.

Mike Greenfield
redear@infinet.com
SW OH Zone 5b, USA

The Nissan Sentra