Re: ADMIN: FLAMES

I hope Bill and Dean and anyone else will not leave iris-talk because
they responded in whatever way to anything I wrote.  I should not
have posted an essentially political message on iris-talk, and
apologize to anyone offended.  (I do not apologize for the post
itself; it was done in the spirit of love for all, and a reminder
that as Americans we have a responsibility to examine and contribute
to all actions of our government.)

I have not taken offense at negative responses to my message, and
hope all of us at iris-talk will be open to all contributions to this
necessary discussion -- though not on iris-talk!  If someone would
like to continue along these lines, he/she is welcome to reply to my
own e-mail site, above.  But please, don't limit our speech -- that's
one of our most precious freedoms, and what keeps us strong.
Terrorists won't need to try to destroy us if our own intolerance
does it for them.

Patricia Brooks

--- In iris-talk@y..., cgdawn@c... wrote:
> Dear William,---I AM IN FULL SUPPORT OF YOU AND HAVE SENT EMAIL TO
> JOHN EXPRESSING MY OBJECTIONS. I too am leaving the board and will
> tell all my iris club members why. I have not seen any objections
> unpatriotic posts by him just the ones  objecting to the bad
mouthing
> of our country.  Goodby
>
> Dean Gray
> Mid-America
> Just South of St. Louis, Mo.
>

>  In iris-talk@y..., William Wells <wells@t...> wrote:
> > Dear John,
> >
> > If you believe my quote below is a flame, then we have a
difference
> of
> > opinion. If you feel you must suspend me for an "inappropriate"
> > statement such as the quote below, then I assume you will do so. I
> > always knew it was just a matter of time before I slipped up in
one
> of
> > my topic tags and the "moderator police" would swoop down on me,
> > anyway   :-)
> > Fortunately, I can grow my irises without the benefit of "your"
> list.
> >
> > Bye, iris lovers!! It was fun! I'll miss you! :-)
> >
> > Bill Wells
> >
> > William Wells wrote:
> > >
> > > "Of all the comments that I have heard in the last several
days,
> your
> > > quote below is the most offensive. I am appalled."  (Psst!
> Patricia,
> > I'm still appalled!" ;-(
> >

> > John Jones wrote:
> >

> > > FOLKS, YOU DON'T SEEM TO BE GETTING THE MESSAGE.
> > >
> > > If someone makes an inappropriate ost to the list, I will deal
> with
> > > it,
> > > generally privately. (as I have with Patricia). If you don't
like
> what
> > >
> > > someone said (as evidenced by the two posts below) send it to me
> > > privately.
> > >
> > > POSTS LIKE THOSE BELOW ARE INAPPROPRIATE !  IF YOU OBJECT TO
> SOMETHING
> > >
> > > POSTED, SEND YOUR COMMENTS TO ME PRIVATELY ! I WILL DEAL WITH
IT.

> > > BE FOREWARNED: FURTHER POSTS LIKE THOSE BELOW WILL CAUSE THE
> POSTERS
> > > BE SUSPENDED FROM THE LIST
> > >
> > > If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at
> all.
> > >
> > > These are stressful times. I know that. Members on this list
have
> had
> > > close calls for themselves or their loved ones. I hope with all
my
> > > heart
> > > that no one on this list has lost someone dear to them. It is
the
> > > strength of our "list family" that can help everyone get
through
> this.

> > > [snip]

> your

> > > John                     | "There be dragons here"
> > >                          |  Annotation used by ancient
> cartographers
> > >                          |  to indicate the edge of the known
> world.
> > > For your Iris gift needs, visit the AIS Gift Shop at:
> > > http://www.AISGiftShop.com
> > >
> > > USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
> > > Fremont, California, USA
> > > Visit my website at:
> > > http://www.usjoneses.com
> > > Vice Chairman, Region 14 of the AIS
> > > Director, American Iris Society
> > > Chairman, AIS Committee for Electronic Member Services
> > >
> > > Subscribe to iris-talk at:
> > > http://yahoogroups.com/subscribe/iris-talk
> > > Archives at: http://www.hort.net/lists/iris-talk/
> > >
> > > Subscribe to iris-photos at: