Re: OT-CHAT: Thought

  • Subject: Re: OT-CHAT: Thought
  • From: pbrooks@whidbey.net
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 02:50:24 -0000

Thanks so much for that thought, Marsha.  I continuously am amazed at
what it does for me to plant a seed -- a little dry thing -- and
watch it sprout, take to earth, and become a gorgeous flowering
plant.  Not to mention our favorite, rising out of a dry old rhizome
to become a breathtaking, exquisite flower -- each one different in
sometimes subtle ways, sometimes spectacularly new.  It's why I'm so
excited about hybridizing.  What better grace of Nature than to
become its partner in creating something altogether new.

Thank you for just being there, my iris-loving friends.

Patricia Brooks
Whidbey Island, WA

-- In iris-talk@y..., MWill68323@a... wrote:
> I recently sent this in a private email and it was suggested I post
> it to the list.
>
> Maybe we need to be reminded that we all grow iris but first and
> foremost we are all gardeners.  That gardening is something that
> transcends all, it doesn't care about rich or poor, color,
politics,
> religion, or nationality. We survive natural disasters every day,
> drought, storms, pests and yet we survive, adapt if necessary,  and
> continue. But the most important thing about gardeners is that we
> treasure life, nature itself.
>

> Marsha
> TN
> Zone 6b/7