Re: OT-CHAT: Golden Orb Spiders

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] OT-CHAT: Golden Orb Spiders
  • From: Steve & Sharlyn Rocha <srocha@pacbell.net>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 06:10:50 -0700

Thank you Doris,
    We have been watching the one in the picture all summer. It has changed
web locations twice. It is almost like a pet, we check on it daily. We were
very concerned when it shrank to less than half it's size one day and then
we found it's egg sac. It is very large medium to dark brown with strands of
web going all directions from it. We have never seen it move it just stays
in one place except when eating.
http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/7679/spider.html

Sincerely,
 Steve