CULT:Rebloom Report

  • Subject: CULT:Rebloom Report
  • From: storylade@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 19:14:09 EDT

Southern Kentucky (Iris Society) Display Garden Bloom Report:
September 21/ 01.  I happened to drive past the garden this afternoon and
decided to stop and see how rebloom was developing.

Corn Harvest- 1 stalk- in bloom.
Violet Returns-7 stalks-several showing color
Immortality-4 stalks- 1 in bloom.
Returning Chameleon-5 stalks-1 in bloom
Feedback- 1 stalk
Clarence- several stalks in early stages- just breaking the fans.
Pink Attraction- 1 stalk.

I'm sure there will be many more stalks as fall progresses.

Last year I didn't think to check the display garden for fall bloom until
rather late, just before a freeze.  I don't recall the exact date, but it can
be found in the archives if anyone is interested.

I've seedlings with stalks that haven't fall bloomed before.  Also a
seedling, from 2 reblooming seedlings, that didn't bloom in the spring.  It's
a yellow x purple cross and will probably be quite ugly.  (contains Gold
Burst, Gold Ring, Corn Harvest, (X) Autumn Encore, Roman Lover, and Feedback)
Anything is possible and it's fun to have something new to watch.

Betty in Bowling Green KY (in the good OLE US of A)

Monitoring Service trial