HYB: stratification

  • Subject: HYB: stratification
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@volfirst.net>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 10:42:22 -0400

No replies to my requests for help re: minimum amount of chilling needed
for germination of TB seeds, so I am experimenting.  Pulled two seeds
out last Monday and will continue to do so till they are all out.  I
figure if none of them come up in a reasonable length of time, I can
always put them outdoors to stratify over the winter.

Assuming I haven't killed them outright by the toilet tank soaking -
turns out that Clorox bowl disinfectant tablet has chlorine and bromine
in it, not peroxide!  Yowtch.

What a waste of good seeds.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8
this list seems to not be about irises any more - no wonder I have
gotten no replies or help on my iris question.  I am down to reading
posts only every few days now & suspect others who are mostly interested
in reading about irises and have enough stress in their lives from other
sources are doing much the same.

Monitoring Service trial