Re: Siberian Iris

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Siberian Iris
  • From: mike00rita@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 15:39:23 EDT

I grow just about every type of iris in pots. It depends upon the variety as
to how well they adjust. Some varieties are so robust the roots will break
the sides of the pots out in about a year. Siberian iris are generally so
easy to please that a year or two in a pot will not kill them as long as they
have plenty of water. At least that has been my experience.

I generally grow plants in pot to use for demonstration purposes when I am
giving talks to various gardening groups. That is a whole lot easier than
digging up plants each time.

Rita B
Region 13, zone 7/8
F 59
Western part of Washington State 2 miles from Puget Sound

Monitoring Service trial