ADMIN: Posting

It has been reported to me that there are many members of this list that
feel I was inappropriately harsh on Ellen Gallagher in restricting her
ability tp post to the list.

I don't claim to be perfect, I try my best to be even handed, most of
all I try to not have to do anything. I guess sometimes I am successful
sometimes perhaps not.

At any rate, taking all this into mind, I have restored Ellen's ability
to post. Whether she   actively posts on the list or not is in her hands.

From the early days of iris-l through the transition to iris-talk, this
list was intended to be a discussion forum for irises. I wasn't even my
design in the beginning, but it has seemed to serve us well for almost 5
1/2 years. List policies are set up to provide guidelines for us to
understand what that means in real terms. One of the problems is, of
course, that we are now 658 members, and that means a lot of messages.
It means more time to help the newcomers to understand how the system works.

Some may feel that we should allow any subject matter, others that we
should do away with Subject Tags. Others are glad that we have the
policies that we do. The times I have run polls, there has been a
startlingly low response. I am not sure what that means.

I will run some additional polls in a little while. If there is a strong
concensus to change the list we can do that. Want a different moderator,
we can do that as well.

Meanwhile, lets talk about irises.

Please, if you have comments about all this, one way or another, please
send them privately to me at:

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Fremont, California, USA
Visit my website at: