OT: discord in the lists [was: Re: ADMIN: Posting]

  • Subject: OT: discord in the lists [was: Re: [iris-talk] ADMIN: Posting]
  • From: Laird D Kelly <laird.kelly@juno.com>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 17:49:09 -0700

On Fri, 28 Sep 2001 19:24:35 -0400 "Bwardwelliii"
<Bwardwelliii@netzero.net> writes:
> John,
>
> Thought I would offer a suggestion, not mailed to you privately, but
> instead, to the group, in the event that it might garner some
> response.  I belong to other email groups which have similar
> problems regardinmg off-topic discussions.  And just like some
> of these other groups, there exist many members who not only
> feel strongly about certain topics, but are obviously well
> versed in their fields of interest.  I would suggest the4 creation
> of an off-topic group, sometimes referred to as a "coffee lounge"
> for those members who feel the need to converse about such topics.
> Just a small suggestion.

You mean something like PublicDiscord
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PublicDiscord)?

      ._,                        INET laird.kelly@juno.com
    C(O-O)@   Sholem aleichem    FIDO  1:138/258, 1:18/140
WSU Master Gardener, GOA, NAR #77280, UPCHUG, *Team AMiGA*

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ujOgTC/4m7CAA/ySSFAA/2gGylB/TM