OT-CHAT: fungus among us

  • Subject: OT-CHAT: fungus among us
  • From: Dennis Kramb <dkramb@badbear.com>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 22:35:05 -0400

While strolling along one of my iris beds today I was startled to
find two giant "blobs".  At first I thought it was garbage blown in
by the wind, but when I poked it and it didn't move, I realized it
was some kind of mushroom or fungus.  A puffball, maybe?  Anyway,
walking around the yard some more I found another out in the middle
of the lawn.  These things are huge (about the size of a football).
Can anybody tell me what they might be?  I don't know much at all
about fungusesses.
Dennis Kramb; dkramb@badbear.com
Cincinnati, Ohio USA; USDA Zone 6

CLICK HERE to search