Re: OT-CHAT: fungus among us

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] OT-CHAT: fungus among us
  • From: "Hensler" <christyh@povn.com>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 07:19:22 -0700

You can find close to 20 images of puffballs at

Puffballs are some of the easiest to identify. Simply slice straight through
the center of the thing. If there is absolutely NO sign of a stem or gills,
you can be pretty sure that's what you've got.

Size can commonly be anywhere from 1/2" up to basketball size, though there
are some reports of them reaching the size of a sheep.

Skip & Christy Hensler
Newport, WA