Re: OT-CHAT: fungus among us

--- In iris-talk@y..., Dennis Kramb <dkramb@b...> wrote:
> While strolling along one of my iris beds today I was startled to
> find two giant "blobs".  At first I thought it was garbage blown in
> by the wind, but when I poked it and it didn't move, I realized it
> was some kind of mushroom or fungus.  A puffball, maybe?
> --
> Dennis Kramb; dkramb@b...
> Cincinnati, Ohio USA; USDA Zone 6
> http://www.badbear.com/dkramb/

I also found a giant football shaped fungus in between my border and
my neighbor's yard. Had no idea what it was, and have not seen one
before in our yards. I wondered if it had to do with the
exceptionally warm winter we just had. Anyway, thanks for the
information, I can now tell my neighbor that we are sharing a
puffball. Gail McCowan - SW Washington where it is cool and damp

CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!