Re: TB: Breeding Lines

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] TB: Breeding Lines
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 18:32:02 -0500

Bill Shear writes:

>So far as I know, he is completely unknown
>to the iris world......???

His web page has been listed for several years in the Links section of the
AIS web pages.  Do you suppose the dates by Edward Oliver Essig are correct
on his listing?  That would have made Mr. Essig eightynine years old when he
introduced the still wonderful SHINING WATERS and one hundred twenty years
old when he died.  I did notice that many of the hybridizers did indeed live
many decades, so maybe growing or hybridizing irises can help contribute to
longevity?  :)

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

CLICK HERE to search