Re: TB: Breeding Lines

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] TB: Breeding Lines
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 20:30:18 -0500

Jeff writes:

>According to the 1939 AIS Checklist E. O. Essig was born in 1884,

Ah!  So it is a misprint on the page that gives his birth date as 1844.  But
I find SHINING WATERS to be a graceful, productive, and probably the closest
to true blue of the blues that I grow.  I've found it gets better from
season to season and anticipate the blooms every year.  It's even older than
I am and definitely carries the age better.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!