Re: OT-CHAT: fungus among us

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] OT-CHAT: fungus among us
  • From: BigAlligator@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 21:30:48 EDT

In a message dated 9/27/01 10:38:38 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
dkramb@badbear.com writes:

<<  A puffball, maybe? >>

Dennis,
      That sounds like those big fungi I used to poke with sticks when I was
a kid.  This is the time of year for that...   When poked, it looked like
green smoke.  Thinking fungi, there is a rather interesting and annoying
fungus down here.  The thing looks like a giant toadstool at first, but when
it declines, it looks and smells like...   ...I can't say that here!  I think
the polite name is "Stinkhorn Mushroom."

Mark A. Cook
BigAlligator@aol.com
Dunnellon, Florida.

FREE COLLEGE MONEY