Re: OT-CHAT: fungus among us

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] OT-CHAT: fungus among us
  • From: doris1434@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 08:17:42 EDT

In a message dated 9/28/2001 7:33:18 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
BigAlligator@aol.com writes:

> The thing looks like a giant toadstool . . .
>
> Just another small bit of information. . Many tend to use "toadstool"
> denoting a poisonous fungi and "mushroom" as being edible. Actually,
> mushroom is the right term. . poisonous OR edible! Regarding "stinkhorn".
> .the Phallus  is one of those. . I would listen for the sound of
green flies buzzing in the woods, follow the sound and find these interesting
looking and foul smelling fungi. . they smell like rotting flesh (which is
what attracts the flies) and the flies carry away the spores as they depart
their smelly host.

Doris Elevier, El Paso, TX Zone 7, AHS 9-10 Hot and dry.

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ujOgTC/4m7CAA/ySSFAA/2gGylB/TM