RE; CULT..DownUnder Spring Bloom Report

  • Subject: RE; CULT..DownUnder Spring Bloom Report
  • From: "wendy sargeant" <wendon@dcsi.net.au>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 11:49:24 +1000

Hello Everyone,
I have a few things to report.Yes, it is sure a crazy season here in Victoria, Aus..I have the same seasonal topsy turvy bloom as Colleen seems to be having. I have buds in JI's..I dont know what they are doing...and I have tb's flowering before my many dwarves...What is happening? We have had a very dry and relativatley mild winter for my area, which often gets snow and heavy frosts and loads or rain, but not this year.We usually have very wet springs/summers but the last 4 years have been very dry, makes one get very smart with dairy farming procedures I can tell you.
Any how it has been 29 deg c 3 times in the last 2 weeks and many of my garden plants have been doing to oddest things. It is nice  not to have to wait for blooms but I really hope they dont all bloom in one hit.I like the staggered seasons better.
For Janet: Gaelic Gig is not as loud a colour pattern as I would have liked but it is still very unusual . I do like it, perhaps I would have got a louder effect if I hadnt snapped off the other spikes. Anyways it is increasing very well, but has been atttacked badly by weather spots, which is odd as we have had minimal rain..
For Rosalie: In my area we have a few weather hazards which can make life tough,, we do have floods here as I have extensive natural waterways throughout my areas valleys. We also have severe winds, however not tornados..We get small versions known in Aus as Willy Willys....but they are puppies compared to the USA ones and arent able to lift animals into the air. We also are prone to fire as we are surrounded by State Forests on either side of our valleys.And as Collen said we are very prone to drought, and have had one this winter/last summer and could be facing another dry season ahead.
Whats Blooming Now? A new dutch iris called Acapulco, has the tallest darkest blue blooms I have ever seen, truly beautiful and tough, .tb Alatruist, more Philanderer, Dwarves, Chanted, Chickory Dickory, Impish, Smoky Imp, spikes on Cabaret Royale, Norotious,Silverado, Yaquina Blue, and quite a few more.Pacific Coasts are still blooming and budding, and I have been drooling at the new realeases and Colleen's new catalogue and thinking ,,where can I dig some more holes.
For Colleen; How are the JIs doing? I also bought Roaring Jelly..we must have good taste. have you seen the new Sibs from Rainbow Ridge. =Mesa Pearl and Lavender Stipples,,very tempting...Is Tempo Two's cat out yet?  Havent seen mine...
Cheers for now, sorry this email has got so long..Bye from Wendy Sargeant, Victoria Australia..
P.S. Wonder how Jan is getting on with her move?

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ujOgTC/4m7CAA/ySSFAA/2gGylB/TM