Re: CULT: toxic Canada thistles?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] CULT: toxic Canada thistles?
  • From: "lilylvr" <lilylvr@kansas.net>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 21:05:16 -0700

Hi Laurie,
They are destructive to everything in their path. Almost impossible to get rid of. And a real nuisance. They are bad enough in a small yard but you should see what devastating effect they can have on a pasture or field. That is where mine come from and I fight them every year with little effect except to keep them from going across the highway into another pasture. I use gallons of roundup concentrate just to have them come back with a vengence in about a month blooming almost as they clear the ground. At a nickle a head I payed a teenager $50 last spring to spray and remove heads. I counted them with a pair of plyers and a leather glove. This is one of the largest drawbacks to living in the country and one that really has me frustrated.

Wendy Zone 5 KS