OT: Posting

  • Subject: OT: Posting
  • From: "Kitty & Bruce Loberg" <loberg@jps.net>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 09:51:42 -0700

> One thing you are forgetting, however, is that this list is a community.
> While most of the time, the topic is iris, there are times when there are
> worthy topics that might not deal with iris.  As a community,
relationships
> have developed and this is but one logical place to say some things that
may
> very well bear saying, though they may have nothing to do with the main
> topic.
> With the tags being used here (at least most of the time) it is
> extraordinarily easy to skip over messages that one does not wish to read,
> and merely delete them>
> Just remember, if you don't wish to read a message, learn how to delete
> them, only a mouse click or keystroke away, in most instances.

   Steve, I agree with you 100% here.   We are a community, and whenever I
meet community people in person, I don't limit myself to just speaking about
iris.   In a forum like iris-talk, I believe the far majority of us do try
our best to be respectful of all others and of following the purpose of
iris-talk.  But sometimes there can be extenuating circumstances, which I
think most of us understand.    When the need is evident, I haven't minded
hearing comments from our community of friends.   I would hate to see this
forum become an over-policed state.    Gentle encouragement from our
administrator to be kept on track can be helpful, but it is better when we
run as a democracy and show caring among ourselves.
Kitty Loberg
Northern Calif.

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search