Re: RE; CULT..DownUnder Spring Bloom Report

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] RE; CULT..DownUnder Spring Bloom Report
  • From: "Colleen Modra" <irises@senet.com.au>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 16:40:09 +1000

Wendy

If you have Notorious flowering your seasons are really mixed up, it flowers
fairly late for us.
I'm surprised you describe DI Acapulco as dark blue. I bought it last year
as a purple and it certainly flowers purple for me. It does have a lovely
blue band around the yellow signal. It certainly beats any other purple I've
seen for vigour. It's as vigorous as Saturnas and Prof Blauw. Altough I was
surprised how much better than usual my Purple Sensation is this year. If
only I could get decent plants from Orange Beauty, it's always so small and
late. Love Royal Yellow it always has four buds per stem. A number of my
many blues are also flowering.

My La flowering are Eolian, Lost For Words and Mad About You, although many
others are heading up.
Noticed this morning that some Spuria are heading up also.

Dwarfs, Medians flowering - Chanted, Windrose, Cache, Tarheel Elf,
Winelight, Taja, Scion, Learn, Chanted. Furosio (love those pink stds/orange
falls and bushy red beards) Silent Strings, Impulse, Avenelle, Strawberry
Love, It's a Giggle, Smug.

TBs White Lightning, Yes, Aztec Burst, Scented Bubbles, All American,
Mountain Violet, Perfect Couple, Torque, Persian Berry, Kiss of Gold.

Colleen Modra
South Australia