Re: RE; CULT..DownUnder Spring Bloom Report

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] RE; CULT..DownUnder Spring Bloom Report
  • From: "wendy sargeant" <wendon@dcsi.net.au>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 14:18:11 +1000

Hi Colleen,
You are quite right, my Dutch iris Acapulco is the darkest Purple iris I
have ever seen. I always loved Prof Blauw, but Acapulco takes the
show...When I was typing , I was thinking blue this and blue that...must
have been in a blue mood..No not really, just mad about blue flowers...The
word purple didnt come to the brainwaves, and it is a real royal purle too,
with the same bright yellow bits...Opops bit lost for the right terms today,
must be the warm weather..
As to Notorious, it has 2 spikes, but they are very tight, bloom is quite a
bit off, but still way out of whack for its norm...We had a huge storm last
night, lots of lightning but only 5 mls of big rain.Just enough though to
wet the driveway and give some plants a sip...As they say, better than a
poke in the eye with a blunt stick....
Chhers for Now, from Wendy Sargeant..Victoria, Australia.