Re: Re: HYB: Trans-orange

Jeff -- Thanks for your input. Interestingly, it doesn't bloom early here. I think it's actually a mid-season bloomer here. Do you know if it sets seed? -- Griff

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeffrey Walters" <jeffwiris@yahoo.com>
To: <iris@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, September 03, 2006 11:36 AM
Subject: Re: [iris] Re: HYB: Trans-orange

Linda and Griff,

TRANS-ORANGE (Niswonger, 1999) is an average performer
here and the flower is the most attractive orange
amoena I have grown. However, it blooms very early
(along with the IB's) which makes the emerging stalks
susceptible to frost damage, which means there is a
high probability that some or all will be stunted or
distorted in some way.

Jeff Walters
in northern Utah
(USDA Zone 4)