Re: HYB: AIS: Haft Markings

In a message dated 9/5/2006 11:19:14 AM Eastern Standard Time,
jgcrump@cox.net writes:

I agree  with you, Anner, that haft markings are sometimes essential
components of  a flower's attraction.  I've said that before, of course, but
repeat  it for the benefit of any judges listening.

I think a distinguished iris, of any kind, will  announce itself immediately,
on its own terms, to an open mind.  An open mind is not the same as a naive
mind.  A closed mind, on the  other hand, will only be receptive to irises
which shore  up its prejudices.
Anner Whitehead
Richmond VA USA