Re: CULT: planting time?

  I echo Janet and Laurie and add in this 3a or 3b (depending on the winter), I have planted bearded irises outdoors at the beginning of Sept. and lost them all without exception. I implore vendors to send me bearded and also beardless irises before Aug, 15 at the latest....July is better for this cool, mountainous climate. If they can't send the irises before then, I don't purchase from them. Or rather, I can't afford to purchase from them.
  Ellen (where we have had 3 frosts already)

"J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@cox.net> wrote:
  Hello, zone 4 folks. -- A friend asks whether this is still a good time to
plant in the Buffalo, NY area, or whether they should wait until next year.
Advice appreciated. -- Griff

          Ellen Gallagher / ellengalla@yahoo.com / Editor, The Siberian Iris
  Berlin, New Hampshire - USDA Zone 3
  Owner of Sibrob: Siberian iris discussion mailing list - Subscribe: sibrob-subscribe@yahoogroups.com