Re: RE: CULT: Planting Time

Janet, Laurie, Ellen and Mary Lou -- Thanks to all of you for your advice. We'll wait until next year, since the intended recipient isn't equipped to take the special steps required to deal with the lateness of the season.

Mary Lou -- I'm re-setting dozens of established cultivars, too, and will be through the end of this month. Still have two or three new beds to construct. -- Griff

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mary Swann-Young" <MryL1@msn.com>
To: "iris" <iris@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, September 17, 2006 7:44 PM
Subject: [iris] RE: CULT: Planting Time

Griff - I'm not that far north, but am still resetting some of mine. If I get
the whole
root system and plunk them in water until planted, they don't even know
they've
been moved. You didn't say if the iris were fresh or shipped. I'd hate to be
trying
with anything I just got from warmer climates. The ones I'm doing now are all
older, super-tough rebloomers that have been here for years.

Mary Lou, near Indianapolis, Z5