CULT:fertilizing rebloomers
iris@hort.net
  • Subject: CULT:fertilizing rebloomers
  • From: Betty Wilkerson <autmirislvr@aol.com>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 08:00:59 -0400 (EDT)

For those who are interested in culture, but don't subscribe to iris-photos,
I'm adding a copy to iris talk.
__________

Char,

Miracle Grow is okay as long as you are careful.  I put the container in line
between sections of the hose.  I never water in noon day heat or any time the
temperatures are over ninety degrees.  In rebloom beds I try to use Miracle
Grow once just at the end of regular bloom season and then about 6 weeks
later.  Follow container instructions about soil conditions etc..  I usually
let the hose run for a few minutes after the water turns clear just to make
sure I don't over do it.  I have scattered summer & Sept rebloom, in those
beds, now despite the record breaking summer heat.  No rot.

<<I almost had a heart attack when they told me they had done a miracle grow
with their hose.>>

Clarence Mahan once wrote (Recorder) about the great rebloom they experienced
one fall after Suky gave the rebloomers foliar spray nearly every day.  She
was spraying other plants and would empty the remaining mixture from the
container on the irises.   Not sure of exact mixture.

Betty W.