CULT: fertilizing rebloomers
iris@hort.net
  • Subject: CULT: fertilizing rebloomers
  • From: <MryL1@msn.com>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2010 23:19:08 -0400

If you're lucky, as I am, to have a well, watering can lower the soil
temperature
to help trigger stalk formation.

I get the feeling that some of mine react to a significant drop in soil
temperature,
rather than a specific trigger temp.  No data, just a gut feeling.

I've stopped for this year, but typically use Miracle Gro at a very diluted
setting
with a hose-end sprayer.  I quit by Labor Day each year because nothing good
happens
when tender new growth meets hard frost.

Mary Lou, near Indianapolis, Z5