Re: HYB: pigment (was sdlng from Pink Formal etc)
  • Subject: Re: HYB: pigment (was sdlng from Pink Formal etc)
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2011 07:49:26 -0400

To refresh my memory (or more honestly, to put something <in> my memory), I'm going back thru the archives reading up on delphinidin - it's spelled differently by different posters, so thought I'd share this tip - search for <delphin> with whole word match turned off.

Chuck, there's a post from you back in 2005 that says, in part,
<The anthocyanin colour in pallida is a lighter tone,
more lavender then the anthocyanin seen in other iris species. It is still a
form of delphinium but has different sugar and hydroxyl attachments etc.>

Do you know if more is known now about how the various forms of delphinium/idin/in? Can only one form of anthocyanin be present at a time? Is there a sequence of dominance?

Linda Mann east TN USA zone 7