A rose is a rose...

On the thread of iris names... I personally don't find any offensive at all!
 After all, words is words.  I don't collect any by a particular name... but
I DO collect daylilies with witch and warlock names... and plant them all in
the bed called Salem's Lot.  Just for fun!

BUT... one missed opportunity, IMHO, with iris breeders is the RICH American
blues tradition we have.... and the RICH selection of blue irises coming to
market.  Why has no-one latched onto the blues for naming their irises?

Billie Holliday
Luther Allison (just deceased)
Robert Johnson
Elmore James
BB King
Little Walter
and so on......

Seems like a natural to me!

Kathyguest - whose son plays in a traditional blues band
E. Aurora, NY