Re: A Helper

TK & Anna Meade wrote:

> Rima and all,
>         I'm still trying to view photos that people send me. Some come through
> with no problem and others just say [image] and I'm at a loss as what to
> do. I have windows'95 and Netscape. How do I "define a helper", John
> said it was easy. Not for me! Looking to all of you for help(as
> usual),Anna in NJ zone 6/7

Typically in the email that has an attachment, it tells you the
application and mime types, as well as the extension (e.g., .doc). Write
these down.

In Netscape, under the menu Options, select General

Select Helpers

Click New

In Descriptions type:
the application type (e.g., application/octet-stream)

In Mime type put:
the mime type - typically the same as application type (e.g.,
application/octet-stream)

In Suffixes put:
the extension - without the dot (e.g., doc)

In the bottom section click Applications, then Browse;
Find the appropriate application for what you are receiving (e.g., Word)
in your directory, highlight it, then click open

click OK til you are back to the Netscape window.

Select the message to you.

Hold down the Option key and click on the attached file name (or
number). On a Mac it shows as a two part attachment and you click on the
numbers for part two - I don't know how it shows for a PC.

When it presents you with the file naming window, pick a name and a
place in your file system. Click Save

Things may be a little different for a PC. Anybody out there willing to
help here?

John Jones, jijones@ix.netcom.com
Heavy clay base for my raised beds.